When the cold seeps in and you want something to give you a kick, these spicy nuts are a fantastic healthy snack to have at any time of the day. You can carry them around in your bag for those times when you just don’t have time to stop and eat. It’s happened to us all once or twice.
This simple recipe only takes 20 minutes out of your day and almost anyone can make it with ease. They will store in an airtight container for several weeks. That is if you can keep your hands off them that long. I never can! Not that it matters because they are super healthy, plus your body will love you for it.
They are a great gift idea for anyone who loves a little kick and loads of flavor but the chilli can be toned down or even omitted if needed.
1/2 cup Almonds
1 cup Cashews
1/2 cup Peanuts
1/2 cup Sunflower seeds
1/2 cup Pepitas
1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
2 Teaspoons salt
1 Tablespoon lime/lemon juice
1 Teaspoon lime/lemon zest
1/2 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Paprika (mild)
1 Tablespoon mixed dried herbs
1 Teaspoon minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and drizzle on a small amount of oil.
- Put all the nuts and seeds in a medium bowl.
- Mix together spices, herbs, juice, zest and maple syrup in a small bowl.
- Add the spice mixture to the nuts and coat.
- Spread onto baking paper and bake for 10-15 mins or until golden.
- Be careful not to burn the nuts.