Who doesn’t need a tasty flatbread? This recipe is delicious to dip in soup or layer with your favourite topping. Hello avocado, tomato and basil!
Its quick to make and you probably already have the ingredients in your pantry. This recipe will serve 4 but can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days.
I usually make two of these a week to accompany many different meals but it is also a great snack dipped in hommus or any kind of dip that takes your fancy. Also a great pizza base!
For those of you who want something a litttle different all you have to do is add or subtract any spices such as chilli powder, extra herbs or even a little sugar for a sweet version.
1 cup plain flour
1 cup almond meal
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablesppon mixed herbs
1 teaspoon black sesame seeds (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 Almond milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a medium bowl, add herbs and salt.
- Add oil and mix until crumbly.
- Mix in egg and almond milk and kneed with fingertips until the mix no longer sticks to your hands
- Oil a flat tray and push the dough to 1cm thickness.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.