Want a tower of mini muffins but have a problem with dairy? No problem. These dairy free maple glazed delights will have everyone clamoring for more.
With all the softness that a donut possesses, and a sticky maple glaze. Everyone from the kids to the adults will love them. Plus all those little vanilla bean flecks not only taste fantastic but look ooh so cute
If, like me, you need a recipe that is simple and fool-proof then this is the one for you. No one has time for figuring out complicated recipes when you have people coming over and these only take as long as your favorite album does to sing along to. So put on some music and have fun baking these cute little delights.
1/3 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon white vinegar
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup self raising flour
1 teaspoon bi-carb soda
4 tablespoons maple syrup
3 tablespoons honey
1 large egg
1 vanilla bean
1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon guar gum
1 1/2 tablespoons water
1/2 vanilla bean
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Combine the almond milk and vinegar and refrigerate for 15 mins.
- Whisk together flour, bi-carb soda and salt in a small bowl, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the coconut oil, maple syrup, honey and egg, until light.
- Scrape out the vanilla bean seeds and stir into the wet ingredients.
- Add in the milk mixture. Stir.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Spoon into mini muffin cases and bake for 7 mins or until golden.
- Take out of oven and allow to cool while you make the glaze.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup and water. Add the guar gum and stir until it becomes clear again. Scrape out the vanilla bean seeds and put them into the glaze. mix well.
- Dip the top of the muffin into the glaze and allow to set before serving.