As a self professed lover of all things that contain coconut, these little treats satisfy my coconut addiction without being heavy on the sugar.
The little jammy gems will embellish any party or afternoon tea. These would also be great for a Halloween party as the raspberry jam can look like splashes of blood, these will go so fast you’ll have to make another batch.
These are naturally dairy and gluten free, so everyone will be able to experience these colorful taste sensations.
4 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
3 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup almond meal
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/3 cup raspberry jam
1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Cover a flat tray with baking paper.
- Put the egg whites and salt into a large bowl and beat with an electric beater until soft peaks form.
- Add the vanilla and honey. Beat for another 30 sec.
- Add the almond meal and coconut and fold in with a spatula until well combined.
- Spoon tablespoon sized balls of the mixture onto the tray. Spacing 2cm apart.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until golden on the top.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then place on a serving tray.
- Place raspberry jam in a small saucepan and melt on a low heat.
- Take off heat and add the food coloring and mix well.
- Dip a fork into the jam and flick dollops onto the cookies.