Melt in your mouth sugar cookie and chocolate ganache is a delicious combination. Your tastbuds will be begging you for more but rashion these out as much as you can because you will not want them to run out. Or if you can’t resist these sweet treats, like me, just make a double batch.
This cookie dough can be easily stored in the freezer so when you are in need of a treat or two just pop them in the oven and you wil have delicious melt in your mouth cookies in under 15 mins. Just enough time to make your tea and put on you favourite show.
This recipe makes 24 swirling chocolate cookies.
2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup raw sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup nuttelex (or coconut oil)
1 tablespoon almond milk
2 teaspoons custard powder
100g dark chocolate
2 tablespoons coconut cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Beat the nuttelex and sugar together until light.
- Add the egg, custard powder and almond milk. Incorperate well.
- Add in the flour little bits at a time until a soft dough forms.
- Divide the dough into two and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Once the dough has been chilled, roll it out until you have achived 3/4 cemtimeter.
- Spread on the chocolate with a spatular.
- Starting at one side, begin to roll the dough so the chocolate is on the inside. Keep roling until you have a log.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Take out of the pastic wrap and with a sharp knife cut 1cm rounds.
- Place on a baking tray and place in the freezer again while your oven is heating to 180°C.
- Once your oven has heated, bake the cookies for 12 munutes on baking paper. Or 10 if you want a softer middle.
- Place the chocolate, salt and coconut cream into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Take out and stir until everything is melted and emulsified.
- If you have some left over you can add 1 teaspoon coconut oil, mix and drizze all over your cookies oonce they have cooled down.