These little cupcakes will satisfy every craving as soon as the first bite hits your tongue. Sweet, salty, rich and perfectly fluffy.
One night I was craving pretzles but I also wanted somthing sweet. I looked in the pantry and the adorable cardboard cupcake moulds were just begging me to use them. Okay maybe I just wanted cupcakes but they are super cute.
These can be made gluten free and of course they are completely dairy free. What could be better than that?
These are not overly sweet and even were approved by someone who (don’t freak out) isn’t a fan of sweets.
1 cup warm water
1 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
1/2 cup nuttelex (or dairy free butter substitute)
1 cup raw sugar
1/4 cup coconut or brown sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
1 3/4 cups self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup nuttelex
3 1/2 cups icing sugar
2/3 cup coconut caramel
Pinch of salt
1-2 tablespoons coconut cream
2 cups mini pretzels.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a small bowl combine the cocoa powder, water and vinegar.
- In a seperate bowl cream together the nuttelex and sugars. Add the eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt and oil. Stir.
- Add the cocoa mixture and mix until it is all combined and delicious looking.
- Fill cupcake moulds about 2/3 way.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. (Depending on how powerful you oven is.)
- Allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl beat the nuttelex until soft and smooth.
- Beat in the icing sugar until smooth.
- Whisk in the caramel sauce, salt and enough coconut cream to achive the soft and delectable consistancy.
- Spread or pipe the icing onto the cooled cupcake and top with crushed pretzels and a few whole ones.