This lime crazy cake is packed full of lime to excite those tastebuds and is also comepletly vegan.
This cake is so simle to make. You only need one bowl, there is no whipping or seperating eggs and there isn’t 20 different ingredients.
This cake is perfect on a hot summer day straight from the fridge. You can taste the lime from the very first bite and it doesn’t dissapear. Its moist without being too dense and sweet without the sugar overload.
Whip this cake up and show off to your frinds and family. Or just keep it all for yourself. I won’t judge you.
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
3/4 cup raw sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon lime zest
2 teaspoons white vinegar
Juice of two limes
5 tablespoons vegetable oil
3/4 cup cool water
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup coconut cream
1 teaspoon lime zest
1 teaspoon lime juice
- Preheat oven to 180 degress Celsius.
- Line a 9 inch cake tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and lime zest.
- Make 3 wells in the dry ingredients, one small, one medium, one large.
- Add the oil to the large well.
- Add the lime juice to the medium one.
- Add the vinegar to the small one.
- Pour over the water and mix until there are no lumps.
- Pour into cake tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Then turn out onto a plate or cake board. And allow to cool for 10 more minutes.
- Place all the ingredients into a small bowl and stir until well combined.
- If the icing is not thick enough. Keep adding icing sugar 1 tablespoon at a time to achive the desired consistancy.
- Spread over the cake.
You can either serve this streat away or keep it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.