If you are in the mood for something deliciously gooey to satisfy that chocolate craving. Look no further.
I tried the new craze of putting black beans in desserts and I have only one regret. That I didn’t do it sooner. Seriously these are so delicious and no one will believe that beans are the main ingredient.
This recipe is gluten free, vegan and has no oil. So you can enjoy these without any remorse.
1 can black beans (rinsed very well)
1 cup dried dates (soaked in hot water)
1/2 cup quick oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1/2 cup coconut milk (+1 tsp white vinegar)
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup dark vegan choc chips
- Preheat oven to 170°C
- Line a 12″ by 9″ baking tray with baking paper.
- Measure out the dates and pour over 1 cup boiling water.
- Put the white vinegar into the coconut milk and set aside.
- Put the cocoa powder, baking powder and quick oats into the blender and blend until you get flour. Put into a large bowl.
- Drain the dates.
- Put the black beans, applesauce, vanilla, dates and coconut milk mixture into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the bean mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the choc chips.
- Put the mixture into the lined baking tray and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Take out and cool for 15 minutes before serving.