Ever since I took that first bite of banana bread in a cafe I was hooked. I tried to replicate it but had no luck. Until today.
I have tried many banana bread recipes. Both Vegan and regular and through many attempts, both good and bad, I have found the one. The one that is now my go-to recipe forever and I am kindly sharing it with you lovely bakers so you don’t have to spend hours, days and all your ingredients trying to find the perfect one.
This banana bread is light and moist on the inside and has a perfect golden chewy crust.
You can serve this to anyone and they will not know it is Vegan. Your friends and family will demand more once this loaf is gone. Thankfully it is super easy to make.
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/3 cup plain flour
3/4 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup thin coconut milk + 1 tablespoon white vinegar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
5 tablespoons sunflower oil
1 cup mashed banana
- Preheat oven to 165°C.
- Line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- Add the vinegar to the coconut milk and set aside.
- Mash the bananas in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl add the flours, baking powder, sugar, salt and cinnamon, mix well.
- Make a well in the center and add the oil.
- Pour over the coconut milk and vinegar mixture and mix until just combined.
- Add in the mashed banana and stir until incorperated.
- Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes.
- Once the banana bread has cooked take it out of the oven and put it into the freezer for 10 minutes. (This will stop the cooking process and keep the moisture in)
- Take out of the freezer and cool for another 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
This can also be frozen and reheated in the microwave or toaster for a super quick breakfast.