This savory pumpkin soup is light and creamy with just the right amount of kick. It is perfect on a cold night and is low in fat.
It is a great meal to make for a super quick and easy dinner and reheat the leftovers for lunch the next day. If there is any left.
This recipe comfortably serves two. With a side of vegan buttered toast.
1 medium diced white potato
2 1/2 cups diced pumpkin
1/3 cup silken tofu
1 large clove garlic
1/4 red onion
1/2 cup vegetable stock
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder (extra if you like more spice like me)
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Put the diced pumpkin, potato, garlic and onion in a large saucepan and cover with hot water. Place on a medium to high heat and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes, until tender.
- Drain off the hot water and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Put the cooked veggies, garlic, onion vegetable stock and tofu into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Put back into the saucepan on a low heat and add the spices. If you want the soup a little thinner you can add extra water or stock at this stage.
- Simmer for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately with hot buttered toast and extra spices of you like a bit of heat.