Apple Pie Oatmeal is the perfect start to a lazy morning. It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and your taste buds will be singing your praise. But you won’t have to compromise on your health for this delicious breakfast that takes like apple pie.
1/2 cup quick oats
1 cup thin Coconut milk (or non dairy milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 peeled granny Smith apple (diced)
1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
2 tablespoons water
- Put the oats, coconut milk and vanilla in a small sauce pan. Cook on a low heat until desired creaminess is achieved.
- Transfer the oats into your bowl.
- Put the saucepan back onto low heat and add the water, spices, maple syrup and diced apple.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until the apple is tender.
- Put the apple and liquid on top of your oatmeal and enjoy.