Bacon and eggs is a classic brunch food and french toast is fantastic comfort food for a lazy day off. Wearing comfy clothes and watching T.V or soaking up the sunshine with someone special.
Being dairy free doesn’t mean you have to miss out on such a delicious combination. A little avocado give lusciousness and fried food is always a win.
I usually make savoury french toast because if I want a sweet breakfast, pancakes are my go-to vice. Most people would shy away from making french toast dairy free (apparently cheese is a necessity) I disagree. This recipe will not disappoint. Even cheese lovers will love this recipe.
2 pieces of bread (I used sourdough)
2 large rashes of Bacon
1 large egg + 1 egg white
1 tablespoon mashed avocado (with lemon and salt)
1 tablespoon coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
pinch of salt
Tomato slices (optional)
1 tablespoon tomato or BBQ sauce
- Mix together egg white, salt, spices and coconut milk on a deep plate.
- Mash the avocado with salt and lemon.
- Fry the bacon, set aside.
- Fry the egg, set aside.
- Soak both sides of the bread in the egg mixture.
- Place both pieces of bread in a pan and fry until golden brown on one side. Flip the bread over and spread on the sauce and avocado. Place the tomato slices, fried egg and bacon on the fried side of one piece of bread. Place the fried side of the other piece on top to complete the sandwich. Press down on top and make sure both sides of the sandwich are fried.